Sunday, December 05, 2004

To Friendship!!!

This is my first entry in the world of blogging. I don't have any misconceptions about my writing abilities and knowing that well, I don't know how regularly I'm going to post. Anywayz, I wanted to make this first entry very special one - special for me, so here it goes ...

Hey teddy,
3 more weeks & u will be starting a new innings in your life. On one hand I'm happy that u've found that special someone, happy that u've decided to settle down, happier that its Nike but on the other, I just have this nagging feeling that u & me are going to drift away (not intentionally though) just like most other of my married friends & so just wanted to walk down the memory lane, when u are still single, when u are still JUST MY FRIEND & take u alongwith me ...

Sep '98 - Pooja Holidays - Scheduled Current Cut - Our first proper 1-on-1 - U & me sitting on the front steps of LH & wondering if it'd have helped if I'd accepted the chem guy's proposal. My answer's still the same - it wouldn't have mattered.

Feb '99 - Moving into the same room with U, buddy & neddy - the greatest roomies I have ever had. Hail DPeeRS!

All those weekends when I've used your left leg as my acoustic guitar & we sang ourselves hoarse - competing for who could sing the loudest and not the sweetest.

Our first puff together & feeling like we are the coolest.

Our first drink that strange sat'day nite - wine mixed with fanta (Yuck! Can't believe we mixed those two).

Our bet on the average male size.

The dance on the Ricky Martin song on final year's day, when we forgot the steps and came to a complete standstill on the stage and the booing after that.

Last day at LH - The LH Corridor - me kneeling in front of u, trying to fix up a safety pin on your jeans ka zip coz your darn zip won't work & the warden's steel grey (black, actually) eyes, piercing on us, with the wierdest expression on her face coz she can't see the damn pin from so far.

Man, we rocked & we still do. So, here's wishing u all the success that u so deserve & all the happiness in the world.

Here's to u & Nike.
Here's to us & our 6 long years of friendship (& still counting).
Cheers!!!

-Huddy

5 Comments:

Blogger Binu said...

Hello Reena,

Nice one. Do keep writing about engg college and those great years..

Oruvattam koodiya pazhaya vidhyalaya thirumuttathethuvan moham...

Binu

December 14, 2004 at 8:57:00 PM EST  
Blogger Rohan said...

Hi,
You write rather well.
The post was a wonderful read.

Cheers :)
Rohan

December 18, 2004 at 2:23:00 PM EST  
Blogger Reena Mathews said...

Binu: Thanx for the comment and thanx for being the first one to comment.
Ya, I would love to write more about our GEC days but I seriously believe that you will do more justice to those good old years than me. So, waiting for your posts ...

Rohan: Gee, thanx. That really gives me a boost!

December 19, 2004 at 2:48:00 PM EST  
Blogger Reena Mathews said...

Hey Seem, so I finally c a comment from u. Glad u liked it & kick ur - if u dun comment regularly. Call u up in couple of days kutta, dun keep ur ph busy.

& Shibil, if it werent for people like u, i wud have deleted this whole thing & gone back to what I do better - reading others blogs :)

So keep reading and commenting ppl!!!

December 22, 2004 at 4:53:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw this while i was reading blogs and after sum sleep.Reena Mathews, this is gud and simply awesome ! dint know that u write so well and sumthing sensible...bol in blogging!!

February 6, 2005 at 1:03:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home