Monday, December 27, 2004

What a Coincidence ...

A few weeks back, while I was in the library, a guy approached me with the usual 'Hi, who are u & how are you' thing. Well, when you are so engrossed in reading something like the conflict between Israel and Palestine, a date is certainly the last thing on your mind. Plus, a library is one of the best place to spend some quality time with yourself so I viewed this as an intrusion to my privacy. But above all, since this was the first time in US that a stranger showed any interest in me :), I didn't know how to put the message 'You are bugging me, mister' across in a milder tone so I just glared at him and mumbled an unintelligible 'Sorry, I am not interested'.

Well, I would have conveniently forgotten this whole episode if not for my St.Louis trip yesterday. So there I am standing in the queue at the car rental's and I chance to see none other than our library guy. It'd have been fine if he were just another customer like me but no, he had to be the guy behind the counter. Finally my turn comes and I walk upto him, praying silently that he shouldn't recognize me, but his grin tells me otherwise. And as I stand there, he painfully repeats the whole library incident, leaving no room for doubt, while I desperately try to hide the flush thats creeping up my face and then he asks me my name, phone no, address and ofcourse, my credit card info, which I provide without any reluctance this time. Then with a satisfied look of a lion that has just devoured his prey and a smirk on his face, he coolly tells me, "Thank you Ma'm, you have a nice trip".

!@#$% Coincidence or What!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ISRAEL & PALESTINE ??????????

Ok TRY THESE

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/

the magazine is free and you get some very interesting information.

Check out this interview also.

http://wordofmessiah.org/david_wilkerson.htm

he is one of the few authentic ones in US!!!

--- yours own Library Guy!!!! Coincedence???? again????

December 27, 2004 at 11:56:00 PM EST  
Blogger Reena Mathews said...

Hey Anon,
Thanks for the links but I am sorry I dun agree with u that David Wilkerson or anyone like him can be considered authentic just bcos they can quote from the bible or take everything thats written in there literally. & if u are who I think u are then lets continue on this through emails, if u wish.

December 28, 2004 at 11:47:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may not know me actually!!!

but I am a secret admirer of yours!!

So whats your email?

December 29, 2004 at 6:28:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops!

How do you find if a person or something is authentic?
Have you ever thought about it?
Do you have some measuring stick?

if then I would like to know :)
cause I would like to learn from sensible people like you and correct my self if i am wrong!!! sincerely.

but then since you made an opinion about a person i think this link will help you if you want to test authenticity :))

http://www.worldchallenge.org/images/home/v-n-b_opq_LIGHT.html

It is a bit painful!
But True!!

Truth always hurts!!
if you are truly looking for it!!

---don't know ur email-- but know your home--Shall I drop some flowers at your door step on New Year? I'll, if I am still living by you:)))

December 29, 2004 at 6:46:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home