Monday, May 23, 2005

Goodbye Nashville, Welcome Atlanta

I finally decided to break my silence (read laziness) after a month and 20 days. Quite a few things happened in between that kept me really busy – I changed jobs, moved places, and attended my oh-so-late convocation. Then of course there were technical problems – New location, new apmt but no internet (& I don’t enjoy blogging from the office much). In between juggling work, setting up my house and making new friends I did not feel like taking time out to write a blog entry until an almost-stranger told me that she enjoys reading my blog. Well, who doesn’t mind a stroke to the ego once in a while so here I am …

Moving out of Nashville turned out to be harder than I expected. In mere 8 months I had gotten to like the place more than any other I had been to in my 2.5 years stint in US, which strangely amazes me cos in Nashville I was a complete stranger. With absolutely no friends, I got more time at my disposal to do things that I always wanted to do like long drives, spending time in bookstore and library, going for swing lessons and even getting back to drawing and cartooning. Then ofcourse I miss Nashville’s pubs and cafes – they are simply the best with a completely different atmosphere. If u ever happen to be in Nashville don’t miss the B.B. Kings and Wild Horse Café on 2nd Ave.

Then out of the blue this offer landed in my hands & within two weeks I found myself on I-75 S headed to Atlanta. Yep, that’s where I am now and its been a month. Haven’t gotten much chance to explore this place but I do know two things – the traffic here is simply killing & this place has a couple of awesome restaurants that serve great Indian-Chinese (Paul r u reading this?). More on Atlanta later till then I’ll keep posting arbit entries like I always do.

Ciao!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey babe! glad you r here!

May 25, 2005 at 12:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Siju said...

nice to know you still draw :-)

I loved them greatly when I was with you in college.

another thing that comes to my mind is Joseph's comment about how you write the alphabet "g" hahaha!

take care and keep posting.

and thanks to that anonymous stranger person who stirred you up once again :-)

May 27, 2005 at 2:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Reena Mathews said...

Thanks Anon. BTW, do I know u?

Hey IB, as requested I hav started exploring and Atlanta seems to springing up some nice surprises.

Siju, nice to know that u remember my drawings & the way I write 'g'. Funny :). Btw, email me ur ph # pls.

May 28, 2005 at 11:22:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey reena,
your blog was an interesting read..btw, i'm really curious how u write 'g'..shall call ya soon..have fun :)

May 28, 2005 at 8:32:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://egvtwjfe.com/izkq/zwyd.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xwojxjfd.com/enjm/thgl.html]Cool site[/url]

November 1, 2006 at 7:52:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

November 1, 2006 at 7:53:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://egvtwjfe.com/izkq/zwyd.html | http://pddzffqt.com/jsbm/ctop.html

November 1, 2006 at 7:53:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home