Saturday, March 12, 2005

Sometimes Blessings Come Wrapped in FedEx Packages

Few days back I was just feeling down - U know one of those days when u are just simply utterly depressed. I had a grueling day at office & I came back home with a long face. As soon as I entered my house my landlady handed me a bulky FedEx package. I don't get mails often other than the occasional letters from home & the Netflix DVDs so this was surprising. I immediately got down to work on it with a letter opener but the FedEx people definitely use good quality cardboard so I had to change my selection of tools. Now, armed with a knife I got down to work, all this while I kept puzzling over what could be there in the package. I had recently seen Kevin Spacey's 'Seven' & the parcel delivered to Brad Pitt was still fresh in my mind (Ok, so that was an exaggeration but anywayz ... )Finally, it came open & I let the contents fall on my bed & out came a letter, then a large portion of coffee cake followed by an MTR packet of 'Appam' mix (For the uninitiated, its rice batter used to make something resembling Dosa & a delicacy with chicken curry or stew). Crazy things to send via FedEx- Yep, thats what I thought. I read the letter. My friend had taken pains in bringing the stuff from India - he had gone home to attend a funeral and still managed to get those things from home and parcel it to few of our friends here in US. I looked at the cake then at the appam mix & wondered at the long journey it had to make to reach me.

So what if the cake had hardened a bit, so what if my culinary skills suck when it comes to appams (& lot more), its the thought that counts, right.

I smiled to myself thinking people are crazy but I am glad they are & I am GLADDER that some of them are a part of my life.

6 Comments:

Blogger Siju said...

its a wonder how simple things like these happen to get us back to a cheerful living just at the right moment. may be this packet may be the begining of your improvement on cooking :) remember, need to learn them good before marriage haha!!!

luv

March 14, 2005 at 8:31:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cake wouldnt have hardened if it was sent via US Postal Service. FedEx doesnt handle things well!!

Binu

March 15, 2005 at 1:43:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cake should have been delivered BY hand by the fellow who brought it!! may be hez a fool and an idiot to sent cake by FedEx or US Postal Service to all his friends in USA!! Strange

Both US Postal Service and FedEx are equally bad!! Both cant afford to be in this market anymore.

Sim

March 16, 2005 at 11:32:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://fmfyfpbb.com/nuqo/qqku.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ozxrwvsc.com/vmda/etib.html]Cool site[/url]

September 26, 2006 at 1:20:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

September 26, 2006 at 1:20:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://fmfyfpbb.com/nuqo/qqku.html | http://ecdgcpeb.com/otzd/bdvx.html

September 26, 2006 at 1:20:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home